Thursday, May 25, 2006

Enrique Cruz Aprende 2 Interview

THE NEW ENRIQUE CRUZ FEATURE
APRENDE 2 . ON SALE MAY 30


JRLcharts interview excerpt with Director Enrique Cruz on "Aprende 2" and "Aprende 3"

KEITH: The one, the only Enrique Cruz is chillin' with us today on JRL. Enrique, the anticipation of Aprende 2 [2006] is overwhelming. We are receiving emails daily and according to several wholesale distributors, they are receiving requests as well for Aprende 2. What is the secret to your talent that is making people go nutts the minute they hear you have a new release coming?


ENRIQUE: Keith, you flatter me with your praise (I'm blushing like a little school girl after that lathering). I don't have many secrets to hide so I'll share with you my take on the buzz of "Aprende 2" and the "Enrique Cruz presents" brand in general. Here's the thing, I never got into this business to get rich, instead I simply wanted to do good work. I'm very passionate about the films that I've worked on and some of that rubbed off on the people who have worked with me. When a scene goes bad it goes on a shelf and we reshoot it until it's good. I would hope that people that watch the Enrique Cruz films see that I'm not in it for the paycheck but am in it to put out great material.


(photo courtesy of Enrique Cruz Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved)


KEITH: La Mancha 1, 2 and 3, Aprende, Bootylicious, Brooklyn Tails, Hardcore, the mega classics Off Da Hook 1 and Off Da Hook 2. Can Aprende 2 [2006] top all of your major hits from the past?

ENRIQUE: I can't predict the success of a film before it's released but, I think viewers will see an evolution in style with "Aprende 2" over the past features; I'm stuck on a "frantic visual" of wall-to-wall sex. And "Aprende 2" has almost no story just this overlapping of in your face sex that I started with "reloaded" (which was almost 2 hours of just sex where models meet fuck and fuck again). I would think some of that influence comes from the french director: Jean Daniel-Cadinot. You'll see these two guys fuck and cum then, a few minutes later we come back and they are fucking all over again. It's definitely "off da hook" in a visual way.


KEITH: Will your fans be surprised at Aprende 2? and if so, what do you have in store for them to make them jump out of their seat in this project?

ENRIQUE: "Aprende 2" has a whole lot of sex. Sex, and more sex is the translation of "Aprende" in my book. Like I said before, I'm stuck on this visual of "non-stop fucking;" if you have sex with a french man it's an all day affair so don't make plans until the next day. Bring the lube and be prepared to fuck all night. I like the visual the energizer bunny that keeps going and going. I think you'll see some of that in Aprende 2.






KEITH: Tell us about the cast of Aprende 2 ? Any big stars that gay consumers will be begging to get their hands on?

ENRIQUE: We have great cast lined up for Aprende 2 and Aprende 3, which were both shot together. Some of the models that appeared in "Aprende 1" have scenes in "Aprende 2" and the upcoming "Aprende 3"

In fact the model on the boxcover of "Aprende 2" Phoenix has been a favorite on my webpage shoots (collected in Doing the Butt DVD series) but we also have Felix Chavez and Chino (both from the pages of Latin Inches magazine). We will have Antonio Torres back for "Aprende 3"


KEITH: Enrique, a lot of studios have exclusive models in their stables. Do you as well?

ENRIQUE: It's really hard to get exclusive models but I hope to get a few in the next few years. Some of the new Latin models that appear in "Aprende 2" and "Aprende 3" were cast in the Caribbean and don't live here in the USA which makes it easier to call them exclusives because the other companies don't know where to find them.


KEITH: What do you have planned for the remainder of 2006 for gay consumers in America?

ENRIQUE: My shelf is very full with unedited footage; I do have "Aprende 2" at the duplicators now and it will be on sale exclusively @ enriquecruz.com May 30th, 2006 on Mailorder. We also have some other DVD exclusives: "Doing the Butt" series (doing the butt # 16 is now out) which puts first time models together to show off what they can do (similar to the Bel Ami training films). I started editing the next two features: "Reloaded 2" and "Aprende 3" respectively but I might do some more reshoots on both before they wrap. I think between the shoots for enriquecruz.com and the features 2006 will see some more of that wall-to-wall fucking thing I have running in my head.

KEITH: Enrique, thank you for chillin' with me here on JRL. Any shoutouts to your fans?


ENRIQUE: The fans write to me all the time to tell me what they want to see more of. My shoutout to the fans is a sincere thanks for the support and, allowing me to a little room on your shelf. Keep on writing on and I'll keep on reading and listening.